Copying/Pasting or Export Activity Log?

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
nomizzz

Copying/Pasting or Export Activity Log?

Post by nomizzz »

Is there anyway to copy/paste the rows and columns into a spreadsheet (or even a database or SQL script) so you can store your activity data in other formats?

Alternatively is there a way to export the activity log to some kind of CSV (comma-separated value) or other Excel format? Maybe some kind of REST API we could hook into to pull down the information?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Copying/Pasting or Export Activity Log?

Post by admin »

Thank you for your request. We don't currently support copy/paste, export, or a REST API for the activity log. Adding an export feature is a good idea. A REST API is unlikely to be implemented in the near future.
nomizzz wrote:Is there anyway to copy/paste the rows and columns into a spreadsheet (or even a database or SQL script) so you can store your activity data in other formats?

Alternatively is there a way to export the activity log to some kind of CSV (comma-separated value) or other Excel format? Maybe some kind of REST API we could hook into to pull down the information?
nomizzz

Post by nomizzz »

Ah excellent... I will add a post in the feature request thread. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The export feature has been implemented. On the Activity Log page, click the Export button to download a CSV (comma separated value) file containing your activity log. The downloaded file can be imported into Excel and other programs which handle CSV files.
nomizzz wrote:Ah excellent... I will add a post in the feature request thread. :)
nomizzz

Post by nomizzz »

Awesome -- it's clean, elegant, and works great! Thanks for lightning fast response and implementation.

Excellent work as usual master admin. This is really a great free service you provide :-)
SurveyMap

Post by SurveyMap »

Great feature.

Can I do the reverse.
If I have coordinate list in a spreadsheet and then import them to calculate the distance traveled.

Not the direct distance between points but along roads. Just like when you get directions from Google it will show you the route to take and what distance the route will be.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We plan on implementing an import feature to import standard GPX files. We haven't considered importing a plain text list of coordinates. Is your data available in a standard format such as GPX? Are you obtaining your data from a device with a GPS?
SurveyMap wrote:Great feature.

Can I do the reverse.
If I have coordinate list in a spreadsheet and then import them to calculate the distance traveled.

Not the direct distance between points but along roads. Just like when you get directions from Google it will show you the route to take and what distance the route will be.

Thanks
SurveyMap

Post by SurveyMap »

txt, or csv

Normal text.