Updated maps?

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
halfsie

Updated maps?

Post by halfsie »

Hi. I love Google Map Pedometer. It's incredibly useful. But recently--over the past summer--the trail system in my city (Anchorage, AK) has undergone a lot of construction; new trails have been added, and old trails that didn't connect before now have new connections. None of this is reflected yet on Google Map Pedometer, though--understandably; it's pretty new stuff. But I'm wondering how often GMP is updated with new construction?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Updated maps?

Post by admin »

The maps shown on Map Pedometer are provided by Google. We don't have any control over the frequency of map updates provided by Google. When Google does update a map, the new map will be reflected on our site.

You can work around problematic map data by switching to the "Straight line" method for creating routes. If Google does not know about a road, select "Straight line" and then click points along the road. Once you return to a road known by Google, you can select walking or cycling modes to automatically create routes along roads. You can freely switch between different routing modes while you are creating your route.
halfsie wrote:Hi. I love Google Map Pedometer. It's incredibly useful. But recently--over the past summer--the trail system in my city (Anchorage, AK) has undergone a lot of construction; new trails have been added, and old trails that didn't connect before now have new connections. None of this is reflected yet on Google Map Pedometer, though--understandably; it's pretty new stuff. But I'm wondering how often GMP is updated with new construction?

Thanks!