Map error / routing problem

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
ePastorDave

Map error / routing problem

Post by ePastorDave »

Greetings
Recently found the map and pedometer service. Brilliant! Thanks

I have found a map error
Map for London Ontario Canada, scroll NE to Oxford St and Clarke Rd… can't plot a straight line across the RR tracks. In the real world, I can walk, ride bike, and drive east on Oxford St through the RR crossing, but I can't get the map to allow the same thing. See screen shot
Attachments
plotted a straight line, got this
plotted a straight line, got this
Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at May 18 2014 5.26.45 PM.png (81.91 KiB) Viewed 7705 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Map error / routing problem

Post by admin »

Map Pedometer provides 4 different modes for creating a map route: Run/walk, Cycle, Drive, and Straight line. The choice of routing modes impacts the route that is created between points. For example, you typically can't drive or cycle the wrong way down a one way road. The Straight line routing option allows you to create a straight line between points. All other routing options will follow roads/trails based on the routing mode and map information.

For your particular route, Google will not provide a route straight through the intersection using the Run/walk or Cycle modes. You mention that there is a railroad crossing. Perhaps it is not safe to cross through the intersection unless you are in a car. If you switch the routing mode to Drive or Straight line, you will be able to create a route directly through the intersection. You can then switch back to the routing mode of your choice.

As always, you should use caution when using the routing data as it is possible that the route may be dangerous or impassible.
Recently found the map and pedometer service. Brilliant! Thanks

I have found a map error
Map for London Ontario Canada, scroll NE to Oxford St and Clarke Rd… can't plot a straight line across the RR tracks. In the real world, I can walk, ride bike, and drive east on Oxford St through the RR crossing, but I can't get the map to allow the same thing. See screen shot