Cannot map route along park walkway

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
pamela-clark

Cannot map route along park walkway

Post by pamela-clark »

My regular running route includes a short public walkway that hugs the perimeter of a park. I can't get the route map to recognise this path exists. It keeps defaulting to some path across the centre of playing fields and I suspect it's adding length to the route. Can I somehow force the routing map to recognise the route I'm taking? Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot map route along park walkway

Post by admin »

Yes, switch the routing mode to "Straight line". You can then mark points along the walking trail. Unlike the other routing modes which follow roads, "Straight line" mode allows you to mark points anywhere on the map. You can freely switch between "Straight line" and "Run/Walk" while creating your route.
pamela-clark wrote:My regular running route includes a short public walkway that hugs the perimeter of a park. I can't get the route map to recognise this path exists. It keeps defaulting to some path across the centre of playing fields and I suspect it's adding length to the route. Can I somehow force the routing map to recognise the route I'm taking? Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
LynHunt

Re: Cannot map route along park walkway

Post by LynHunt »

Thank you for this posting. It also solved my difficulty. What I also found helpful was to use the satellite view instead of map view, which enabled me to more accurately plot my pathway.