Problem saving long routes

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
GimmickSmirk

Problem saving long routes

Post by GimmickSmirk »

Is there a limit to the length of the route you can save?
I'm planning a cycling trip around europe and this site is really useful.
I can save shorter routes but this longer one (2800km) won't save, I have replicated it multiple times but I haven't been able to save it.
Any help/tips? Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem saving long routes

Post by admin »

Yes, there is a route size limit. Map Pedometer was not designed for very long routes such as your 2800km route. Unfortunately, we aren't currently reporting when a route exceeds the size limit.

The only workaround right now is either to create several separate smaller routes or to make use of the "Straight line" option (which adds straight lines instead of road following lines) when creating the route.
GimmickSmirk wrote:Is there a limit to the length of the route you can save?
I'm planning a cycling trip around europe and this site is really useful.
I can save shorter routes but this longer one (2800km) won't save, I have replicated it multiple times but I haven't been able to save it.
Any help/tips? Thanks
GimmickSmirk

Post by GimmickSmirk »

Thank you for the quick answer.
Cono Passionee

Post by Cono Passionee »

You say the limit is 28K. I have a route saved that is 3500 miles. That is about 5000K.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL LIMIT?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, we didn't say that the limit is 2800KM. The limit is based on the storage requirements of the actual route and not the length in miles/kilometers. Some routes require much more detail than others. We cannot state a distance limit since every route is different. If you use the "Straight line" method for creating routes, extremely long routes (in terms of miles/kilometers) can be created since they require less storage than other route creation methods.
Cono Passionee wrote:You say the limit is 28K. I have a route saved that is 3500 miles. That is about 5000K.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL LIMIT?