Sharing routes

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
Graham Brown

Sharing routes

Post by Graham Brown »

Hi all, I'm new to mappedometer and can't seem to work out how to share my routes on Facebook. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharing routes

Post by admin »

You can share your Map Pedometer route on Facebook using a URL link to your route. Each route on Map Pedometer has an associated unique route number. You can find your route numbers on the My Routes page. A link to the Map Pedometer home page which will display a specific route looks like this:

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=100000

You can simply replace the route number, 100000 in the example above, with your route number. Alternatively, you can easily create a link from the My Routes page. Click on the specific route in the My Routes list and click on the "magnifying glass icon". The route will open in the home page.

Place the complete URL link in your Facebook post to allow users to see your route. If you would prefer to share a printable version of the route and elevation graph, you can share a link to the Print Route page. An example of a link to the Print Route page is as follows:

http://www.mappedometer.com/routes/prin ... &mapsize=3

You can fill out the form on the Print Route page and click Get Route to generate a link to your route. Alternatively, you can highlight a route in your My Routes page and click on the "printer icon" to open a printable map route page.

Lastly, if you have a website, you can embed a Map Pedometer route directly on your site. The details for embedding your route on a webpage are here: http://www.mappedometer.com/shareroutes.php

Graham Brown wrote:Hi all, I'm new to mappedometer and can't seem to work out how to share my routes on Facebook. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Graham Brown

Post by Graham Brown »

Hi, Thanks for that. It's easy when you know how. :mrgreen:
Ewoks

Post by Ewoks »

is this unique number route available to anybody? for example can I choose random number and see some person's route if that number exist or it is just me who can see it?
Can some created route be deleted from creator by number? thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you can retrieve any route using a route number. All routes are viewable by everyone. You can use the "Find Routes" feature to search for routes in your area.

Only the owner of a route can delete the route. The owner of a route is the user who was logged in when saving the route. You can delete any routes you created on the "My Routes" page. Routes which were saved by visitors who were not logged in can not be deleted.
Ewoks wrote:is this unique number route available to anybody? for example can I choose random number and see some person's route if that number exist or it is just me who can see it?
Can some created route be deleted from creator by number? thanks