Satelite Feature for Europe no longer working?

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
jon5k

Satelite Feature for Europe no longer working?

Post by jon5k »

Hi,

I live in spain, I use this site frequently and up until a few days ago the satellite map feature worked fine. However, today I see only options for US Satelite option.

Is this a bug or has the satelite option for 'rest of world' been discontinued?

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Satelite Feature for Europe no longer working?

Post by admin »

We recently updated the entire site and moved away from Google Maps. Initially, we only had world street maps. We just added US satellite and topo maps.

The rest of the world hasn't been discontinued. We are still investigating sources for worldwide satellite maps and other map layer choices.
jon5k wrote:Hi,

I live in spain, I use this site frequently and up until a few days ago the satellite map feature worked fine. However, today I see only options for US Satelite option.

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Satelite Feature for Europe no longer working?

Post by admin »

We have added a "World map & sat" layer option. This layer combines both regular map images and hybrid satellite images. When you select this layer, you will see the normal street map when the map is zoomed out. At higher zoom levels, you will see hybrid satellite images.

The rest of the world is no longer "discontinued".
jon5k wrote:Hi,

thanks