New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by admin »

The activity log is a newer feature on the site and we are planning on upgrades as we receive more user requests.

As for the default units, we quietly added this feature to the home page and activity log a while back. New users can select their unit choice during registration (defaults to Miles). Existing users can update their preference as follows:
  • Click on the Profile tab.
  • On the Edit Profile sub-menu, the bottom of the profile has a default distance measurement field.
  • Select Kilometers and click submit.
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate the feedback.
klumi wrote:Hi,
Thanks for this great app. and all the new improvements you keep bringing. I really love it:)
I haven't checked if it has already been submitted but here are two suggestions:
+ A new features for the activity log:
Could you add a special "sum cell" and/or "average cell" for the "Time", "Distance" & "Pace" cells? Ideally that would be great to be able to select the lines individually and choose the 'sum' or 'average' accordingly. That way you could calculate your average pace, total distance or total time you run every month for instance...
+ A minor general suggestion for European users...
Right now the default unit system is in miles. Could it be possible to get metric system by default for those of us Europeans using the app. (like according to your IP location..) I know it is really no big deal to switch every time but I keep forgetting... so if it is an easy fix, that would be great!
Big up from Brittany!
ron
jtrombone

Post by jtrombone »

I really like the site. It would be nice to be able to get a total climb value for the ride, like the Garmin stats.

It would also be nice when saving a ride route to be asked if you just rode the route and if you would like to add it to today's log (or whatever date you enter).

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you go to the My Routes page, directly above the elevation graph there is a total elevation change (gain and loss) for the selected route.

Thank you for the suggestion about the activity log integration.
jtrombone wrote:I really like the site. It would be nice to be able to get a total climb value for the ride, like the Garmin stats.

It would also be nice when saving a ride route to be asked if you just rode the route and if you would like to add it to today's log (or whatever date you enter).

Thanks
lechhart

Post by lechhart »

Hi All,
I just joined this community, and yes, I haven't read all replies to this so far. Anyhow:

-app for iPad /~phone would be great
-print out possibilities for routes as well

Have a good time
Matthias
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, we don't yet have an iPad/iPhone/Android app.

You can print your map using this link: http://www.mappedometer.com/routes/printroute.php

Enter your route number and click Get Route. Then use your browser print function to print the route.

The link is also available on the Share Map Routes page.
lechhart wrote:Hi All,
I just joined this community, and yes, I haven't read all replies to this so far. Anyhow:

-app for iPad /~phone would be great
-print out possibilities for routes as well

Have a good time
Matthias
watchurai1

Post by watchurai1 »

I may be having a duh moment, but is there a way to change the default location the home page map opens to? I assume it triangulates on IP address, but my satellite server is in another state. I have to reposition every time I want to save a route.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your feedback. Currently, the site attempts to determine your location based on your IP address. We will consider adding a feature which allows registered users to set their default map location.
watchurai1 wrote:I may be having a duh moment, but is there a way to change the default location the home page map opens to? I assume it triangulates on IP address, but my satellite server is in another state. I have to reposition every time I want to save a route.
ebt

Post by ebt »

How about a more 'rigid' feature where the points are connect by a straight line. Currently some walking routes are not properly calculated and this would enable me to force the site to recognise the correct route.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That feature already exists. On the home page, select "Straight line" when you would like to draw a straight line from one point to the next point. You can freely switch between "Straight line", "Running/Walking" and "Cycling/Driving" while creating your route to change how points are connected. The currently selected option is used to connect points when double clicking the next point.
ebt wrote:How about a more 'rigid' feature where the points are connect by a straight line. Currently some walking routes are not properly calculated and this would enable me to force the site to recognise the correct route.
musicaddict737

Post by musicaddict737 »

I'd really like a way to aggregate and add up the total distance, time, etc in various ranges of time, like, how many miles worked out in a week, 2 weeks, month, year based off of everything in the activity log. I think that would be pretty sweet.