New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
Este

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Este »

Hi!

I want to map out areas of our family farm by walking around the perimeter of the areas.
Is there a Feature that would make measuring areas inside a walked route possible?

Thanks for the awesome App!

Cheers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, Map Pedometer wasn't designed to measure areas within a walking area. You could use the Straight Line mapping mode to get distances between points on your farm. You would have to do some math on your own to compute the area.
Este wrote:Hi!

I want to map out areas of our family farm by walking around the perimeter of the areas.
Is there a Feature that would make measuring areas inside a walked route possible?

Thanks for the awesome App!

Cheers.
TommityB

Post by TommityB »

Hi, just registered and first off... well done and thankyou! I've been using the site as a guest for ages and it is perfect. Too perfect in fact; I'd like to request an android app as there isnt one that works that does what this does and I'm blocking my android phone down so it only does what I want it to do - that means running selected apps only and I'm pleased to say that this would be one of only 5-8 things that I wish my phone to be able to do.

I would want the app to work exactly as this does and I would be prepared to pay a small nominal fee. Please do not add a feature that tracks the route from a device automatically (as others have requested) at the expense of losing the current manual system which is perfect.

Many thanks :D
chandkumar3g

Post by chandkumar3g »

Is there an option to also print cue sheets, i.e. turn by turn direction with distance? This would be a nice feature to have.
AviationGaming

Post by AviationGaming »

I'd like there to be a way to find a route that is the fastest and most efficient way to go from a to b. A lot of times I try plotting a route and it takes me through backroads or residential neighborhoods while a highway or interstate is right next to it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The default routing mode is Run/Walk. Most highways are can not safe for running or walking. If you would like to make routes over roads that may not be safe to run/walk on, change the routing mode from the default Run/Walk to the Drive routing mode. You can freely change the routing mode while you are creating your route.
AviationGaming wrote:I'd like there to be a way to find a route that is the fastest and most efficient way to go from a to b. A lot of times I try plotting a route and it takes me through backroads or residential neighborhoods while a highway or interstate is right next to it.
marclab

Post by marclab »

I second this request:
chandkumar3g wrote:Is there an option to also print cue sheets, i.e. turn by turn direction with distance? This would be a nice feature to have.
I ended up exporting the GPX and uploading it to MyMaps.google.com. It is a thorough PITA to add directions, especially when there aren't any specific landmarks along the trails to help with directions. And even when loaded in Google Maps, Maps can't seem to translate the directions into step-by-step instructions.
Also, grateful for this site, been using it (off and on) for years!
mcaramello

Post by mcaramello »

Expose Elevation alongside Distance in the activity logs and provide way to compute total across activities.
For mountain sports such as Hiking, (Mountain) Biking (or the likes), or Trail running, Elevation change (uphill!) matters almost more than distance.
With that, it would be very helpful to be able to get both get stats of total distance and total elevation gained as summaries.

Apart from the elevation charts (great!), the only place where I see the total elevation gain exposed in the UI is in the 'my routes' page.
spiceagent11

Post by spiceagent11 »

I certainly would like to be able to print my route and possibly have an on-line log.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can print your route here: https://www.mappedometer.com/routes/printroute.php

The activity log is here: https://www.mappedometer.com/log/activitylog.php
spiceagent11 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:43 pm
I certainly would like to be able to print my route and possibly have an on-line log.