New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
nkhan

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by nkhan »

is it possible to print the route in text, so that you can print the names of the roads in sequential order (and also maybe have direction, i.e "left turn onto Grange road, after 1.2 miles turn right onto Heather road etc")? rather than printing it in map format.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently, the Map Pedometer website does not print out turn by turn directions. Since routes do not have to follow roads, it would be difficult to provide this functionality. We may be able to add this feature in the future for routes that only follow public roads.
nkhan wrote:is it possible to print the route in text, so that you can print the names of the roads in sequential order (and also maybe have direction, i.e "left turn onto Grange road, after 1.2 miles turn right onto Heather road etc")? rather than printing it in map format.
nancy94024

Post by nancy94024 »

How about an Android app? Anything in the works? I have tried using this on my android device (samsung galaxy tab) but it doesn't sork. You should have a stand alone app.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, we plan on developing an Android app. The app will allow you to track your running/walking/cycling route using the GPS on your cell phone and then upload the map route to our site. We will update this forum when we have more details available about the application features and release date.
nancy94024 wrote:How about an Android app? Anything in the works? I have tried using this on my android device (samsung galaxy tab) but it doesn't sork. You should have a stand alone app.
juliakia3

Post by juliakia3 »

I second this! Being able to name something would be great. Also - at some point, it would be nice if the creator of a route at least could offer a little info - such as when a route follows roads, to say "no sidewalks between x and y" or "heavy traffic at rush hours" or for trails/hikes - "not well-frequented, take a buddy!". This could even be covered to some extent by adding some radio buttons (instead of a comment area) for these warnings and others, like path surface (paved, gravel, dirt, sand).

quote="gthomaslynch"]It wuold be nice to be able to name routes and load them by name instead of having to know the number. and to have a list that you can load just by clicking them instead of cutting and pasting the number into the load route box.

thanks.[/quote]
mary59

New Feature Requests - Naming Routes

Post by mary59 »

I would just like to second (or third) this request. The tracking software I use let's me describe my activities and I use names for the routes I take. This starts to get complicated as I add more routes. It would be great if there were a column added to the table on the "My Routes" screen for the name of the route. Thanks
gthomaslynch wrote:It wuold be nice to be able to name routes and load them by name instead of having to know the number. and to have a list that you can load just by clicking them instead of cutting and pasting the number into the load route box.

thanks.
branix

Post by branix »

I would like to add two features to the website:
- possibility to download/upload the route as .gpx
- implement a settings page - everytime I go to My Routes and select a saved route I see it in miles, even if saved it in kilometers

Thanks!
FF1411

Post by FF1411 »

branix wrote:I would like to add two features to the website:
- possibility to download/upload the route as .gpx
- implement a settings page - everytime I go to My Routes and select a saved route I see it in miles, even if saved it in kilometers

Thanks!
I absolutely agree with branix. These two features, and especially the first one (download and upload possibility as .gpx), would be great!
txc76lm

Column which shows pace per mile or km

Post by txc76lm »

Would like a column which could show your pace per mile or km

admin wrote:Do you have an idea for a new feature? Would you make use of any of the following features?
  • A fitness log feature allowing you to keep a daily activity log.

An iPhone/iPod app which keeps track of your location while your running, walking, biking, etc. After you finish your activity, you can save your activity information and later upload it as a route on Map Pedometer.

The ability to print your map route.

A calorie calculator.
Please post your feature requests here and/or comment on any of the above features.
rlonardo

Post by rlonardo »

A couple of things which I think would be useful (and shouldn't be too hard to implement) for the activity log:

1. Auto load distance from route number. If you enter the route that you ran, it would be nice if it would automatically fill in this information.

2. A pace section which automatically calculates your average mile/km pace from your time/distance would be nice.