New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
Runslow

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Runslow »

The printing feature is great. Thank you.
I would like it even better if it would print out the elevation graph just under the route map.
nur1442

Post by nur1442 »

Hello,

Just wondering when the export to GPX file function may be available. Just spent hours mapping a route but really need to export it. Cool site though, appreciate the work! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We don't have an exact release date. However, we do intend to add both import and export features soon.
nur1442 wrote:Hello,

Just wondering when the export to GPX file function may be available. Just spent hours mapping a route but really need to export it. Cool site though, appreciate the work! :D
B52EW

Post by B52EW »

Is there a way to have the map on the home page come up with my local area (versus always having to type in my local area before looking for new routes). Thanks for the great site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The site attempts to set the initial location based on the geographic location of your IP address. If our location data provider cannot determine a location, we display a default location.

In a future update, we will allow registered users to set their default location.
B52EW wrote:Is there a way to have the map on the home page come up with my local area (versus always having to type in my local area before looking for new routes). Thanks for the great site.
B52EW

Post by B52EW »

Aha, That explains why Mongomery AL is my default, but my location is in FL. Thanks.

Post by 6000 »

Being able to set the default location would be great. How about also a default map size? I have to change to 'very large map' each time the page loads. Cheers!
RunnerFR

Post by RunnerFR »

Maybe you could work on compatibility with my iPod Touch. For some reason, I cannot create waypoints on the map.
sueschaub

Post by sueschaub »

It would be nice if the home page had a way to remember a location(s). Most of my routes are based from my house and every time I add a new one, I have to 'find' my starting location again. Thanks!
MK1029

Post by MK1029 »

No laps feature?

Say you have a circuit loop that you do a few times. If you do 10 laps and want to track it in the activity log, you don't want to have to create a new route that goes 10 times around your circuit, and you wouldn't want to enter the route 10 times into the log either. When you add a route to your log, there should be a column for laps where you enter a number and it changes the total distance.

I looked around and couldn't find this feature. Maybe I'm too dumb to find it.