This is the Map Pedometer Forum
mkboli

YES YES YES YES

Post by mkboli »

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO TRACK MY RUN USING MY IPOD! woohoo!!! :mrgreen:
raubd

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by raubd »

The ability to delete and/or print a route would be a nice improvement.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Registered users can delete their routes on the "My Routes" page as follows:
  • Click the My Routes tab.
  • Select the route that you would like to delete by clicking on the route in the route list.
  • Click the Trash Can icon (garbage can, on far right).
  • Click OK to delete the route or Cancel to cancel the deletion.
  • Deleted routes can not be recovered.
Routes can be printed here: http://www.mappedometer.com/routes/printroute.php This link can be found on the Share Map Routes page and the Instructions page.

Routes can also be printed from the home page using the browser print option. Ads will not be printed.
raubd wrote:The ability to delete and/or print a route would be a nice improvement.
nomizzz

Activity Log Export Request

Post by nomizzz »

I'd like to request a feature that allows exporting the Activity Log to CSV or some other Excel-compatible format. Otherwise a copy/paste would be nice.

For more info see the thread dedicated to this feature request here:

http://www.mappedometer.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=2&t=107
admin
Site Admin

Re: Activity Log Export Request

Post by admin »

The export feature has been implemented. On the Activity Log page, click the Export button to download a CSV (comma separated value) file containing your activity log. The downloaded file can be imported into Excel and other programs which handle CSV files.
nomizzz wrote:I'd like to request a feature that allows exporting the Activity Log to CSV or some other Excel-compatible format. Otherwise a copy/paste would be nice.

For more info see the thread dedicated to this feature request here:

http://www.mappedometer.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=2&t=107
thenumbersguy

Post by thenumbersguy »

What I would like to see is for the activity log to calculate the steps based on an average stride length input by the user in his/her profile and the distance walked, for those that don't have a pedometer or an accurate one at that.
BetZHohe

Post by BetZHohe »

Dianne wrote:I want to DELETE a route. Is there a way to do that?
I see a trash can icon in the right hand corner of my route list. I assume you highlight the route and then press the trash can icon.

i hope this helps.
opironcoach

Upload from GPS

Post by opironcoach »

I have both a Garmin and a Nike + sports watch. It would be nice to be able to upload the data from these to see on my activity log.
Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Unless I overlooked it, registered user still can't set a default location.

admin wrote:The site attempts to set the initial location based on the geographic location of your IP address. If our location data provider cannot determine a location, we display a default location.

In a future update, we will allow registered users to set their default location.
B52EW wrote:Is there a way to have the map on the home page come up with my local area (versus always having to type in my local area before looking for new routes). Thanks for the great site.
Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Nothing happens when I double click the start marker.
admin wrote:Thank you for your request. We have changed the home page to make it easier to return to the starting point. You can now double click on the starting point marker. This will add a point at the location of the starting point marker. The markers are the same size regardless of the zoom setting. So, you do not have to zoom in to place a point at the route start location. This new feature also eliminates the problem where you had to put the end point "close to, but not on, the starter marker."
matber wrote:It would be great with a "Close Route" button. When running, you typically start and end at the same place. But today, to be able to have a sling, you must zoom in max and put the end marker close to, but not on, the starter marker.