New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
xstarx2001uk

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by xstarx2001uk »

Allow searches not only by location but also Min and Max distances, and also Type (eg. Running/Walking, Cycling/Driving, Straight Line)

Ability to claim an old route as your own or at least save it into your routes list?

Allow more than 5 results per page on the search page
amaquez

Post by amaquez »

I think that it is useful that the user can insert the running time.

Thank you for the job, this is a very nice application for runners. ;)
gthomaslynch

Post by gthomaslynch »

It wuold be nice to be able to name routes and load them by name instead of having to know the number. and to have a list that you can load just by clicking them instead of cutting and pasting the number into the load route box.

thanks.
blangdon

Post by blangdon »

The ability to edit a saved route would be great even if that meant that the updated route was saved with a new ID.

As far as the online features you are talking about...I also use RunKeeper which has a lot of those features. I like this site because it is easier to share routes with people in my running group. I would be worried that competing with a site like RunKeeper would detract from the simplicity. My vote would be to focus on the core features of creating and sharing routes.
FastDaddy

Post by FastDaddy »

Absolutely an iPhone app as you describe. If it could update the map while I'm running that would be even better!
ksawchuk

New Feature Requests

Post by ksawchuk »

1. Change default starting location'
2. Clean up the screen--the buttons use up too much real estate
matber

Post by matber »

It would be great with a "Close Route" button. When running, you typically start and end at the same place. But today, to be able to have a sling, you must zoom in max and put the end marker close to, but not on, the starter marker.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your request. We have changed the home page to make it easier to return to the starting point. You can now double click on the starting point marker. This will add a point at the location of the starting point marker. The markers are the same size regardless of the zoom setting. So, you do not have to zoom in to place a point at the route start location. This new feature also eliminates the problem where you had to put the end point "close to, but not on, the starter marker."
matber wrote:It would be great with a "Close Route" button. When running, you typically start and end at the same place. But today, to be able to have a sling, you must zoom in max and put the end marker close to, but not on, the starter marker.
Trelassick

Post by Trelassick »

As a walker it would be so useful to have footpaths shown on the map - currently it will only work out distances for road walking. Is there any way to do this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For walking paths, you should click on the "Satellite" button on the map in order to easily view the walking path. You can track your distance over walking paths using the "Straight line" option on the Home page. This option allows you to create paths between any points on the map. You can switch back and forth between "Walking" mode and "Straight line" mode while creating your route if your route is on both walking paths and roads.
Trelassick wrote:As a walker it would be so useful to have footpaths shown on the map - currently it will only work out distances for road walking. Is there any way to do this?