New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by admin »

We plan on adding more controls to the map area. We prioritize all updates to Map Pedometer and are not currently working on this request.
Ivanhoe wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:I always try to have a maximum size of the map on my screen. Therfore it would be interesting to have certain buttons on the left/right and not on the top: run/walk, cycle, drive, straight line, undo last point and remove all points.
I can understand you can't do this because you need to keep the ads in that place, but I would appreciate it if you could at least give me a yes, no or working on it.
Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe »

Ivanhoe wrote:Can you provide a way to search all places with the same name and then select the one you want?
Are you planning on providing a possbility to find all place with the same name?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are referring to the "Location" Find feature, we use Google's search feature which allows free-form text entry in the search box. If your search does not yield the results that you expect, we recommend that you qualify your search with additional details such as city/state/territory. We don't have any plans right now to change this feature.
Ivanhoe wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:Can you provide a way to search all places with the same name and then select the one you want?
Are you planning on providing a possbility to find all place with the same name?
villanovano

Post by villanovano »

Hello there,

I would like to ask the feature to export/save to "my maps" from Google Maps... that would be awesome too.
Thanks a lot!

Villanovano :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
artbenavidez

Post by artbenavidez »

Would it be possible to add a "dot" marker for every quarter of a mile that could serve as running reference point? Thank you.
karizmatic

Post by karizmatic »

A calorie counter would be amazing for both runners and walkers would be amazing!! Thank you!
athenademos

Post by athenademos »

Is there a way to show 10th of a mile intervals. Right now it is only showing each mile on my hiking route, but I need to know the distance to specific points that are between the two mile markers. I'd love to be able to do this. Also the elevation at specific point would be very helpful too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can determine the elevation at a specific point. The elevation graph on the home page is interactive. Placing your mouse over a point on the graph will show you the distance and elevation on the graph. It will also mark the exact location on the graph with a circle as you move your mouse over the graph. Clicking on the elevation graph will center the map to the location on your route which corresponds to the point on the elevation graph.

Although there aren't 10th of a mile/kilometer interval markers, you can use the above method of placing your mouse over the elevation graph to help you pinpoint distances smaller than 1 mile/kilometer.
athenademos wrote:Is there a way to show 10th of a mile intervals. Right now it is only showing each mile on my hiking route, but I need to know the distance to specific points that are between the two mile markers. I'd love to be able to do this. Also the elevation at specific point would be very helpful too.
grandbic

Post by grandbic »

The elevation graph is of main interest to me:
1 Could you smooth it out (perhaps using the elevation change data)
2 Give an option for google maps with relief.[edit:easier to find button for tired runners!]
3 For me: I suggest after "my routes" a much bigger data table, on higher level next to overall map, with graph +detailed map on lower level.
4 Make the "full page button" much easier to find (I keep forgetting where it is!)
5 On full page: give elevation change data, on elevation graph.
6 After "save", jump to "my routes" to enter "name" straight away.
7 Give a squarer map as it's difficult to get right zoom with vertical visibility.
8 Give some information- who are you?
Please take my remarks as trying to be helpful
FPMpPd0mt3r

Post by FPMpPd0mt3r »

I would certainly like to see a calorie estimate.