New Feature Requests

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
mluereid

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by mluereid »

I love this site and have been using it regularly. In order to improve the site, I do have some suggestions for new features.

1. Add ability to sort routes by distance. I like the variety of running different routes for a set distance and will pick one depending upon my mood or time of day e.g., some routes more safe in day time. There is no sort function that I can find. (I saw one post suggesting to sort by name which I can make work if you implement it.)

2. Add ability to see all routes in one screen by scrolling vertically. Unless I've missed the feature, the current site will display only 5 routes on a page. I have saved many routes and must keep paginating / refreshing to see what I've got already mapped and saved.

3. Allow users to save routes and keep them private. I cannot map one-way routes without indicating exactly where I live, unless I start / end a route some distance from where I live. Currently, I map a lot of circular routes where the start/end is a major intersection but not my home.

Thank you for reviewing and replying to my suggestions for new features.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your detailed suggestions. We are planning on upgrading the My Routes page to improve the interface. Sorting by columns and names will be included in the upgrade. Allowing for private routes is also a very good suggestion.
mluereid wrote:I love this site and have been using it regularly. In order to improve the site, I do have some suggestions for new features.

1. Add ability to sort routes by distance. I like the variety of running different routes for a set distance and will pick one depending upon my mood or time of day e.g., some routes more safe in day time. There is no sort function that I can find. (I saw one post suggesting to sort by name which I can make work if you implement it.)

2. Add ability to see all routes in one screen by scrolling vertically. Unless I've missed the feature, the current site will display only 5 routes on a page. I have saved many routes and must keep paginating / refreshing to see what I've got already mapped and saved.

3. Allow users to save routes and keep them private. I cannot map one-way routes without indicating exactly where I live, unless I start / end a route some distance from where I live. Currently, I map a lot of circular routes where the start/end is a major intersection but not my home.

Thank you for reviewing and replying to my suggestions for new features.
Riff Raff

Post by Riff Raff »

Great to see you can now add direct from map to log.

Calendar would be good if you could get totals. Weekly, monthly or variable.
blake

Post by blake »

I'd love to see a feature which takes your 1) age 2) weight/BMI 3) route 4) pace 5) elevation gain and from those computes a measure of how hard you have run. It could be just rough categories like "beginner", "intermediate", "advanced", "elite" etc. or it could be a numerical score of some type (like calories burned, or your projected time in a marathon race for example).
dannykitch

Post by dannykitch »

Can you calculate how many miles I spent climbing and descending?

That would be great.
LOVE YOUR SITE BTW
gil_vegliach

Post by gil_vegliach »

I'd like to move the starting point, and other pins, once set, and not only remove the last one. So I can tweak a bit the route once devised. Thanks, Gil
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The total elevation gain and total elevation lost is already available on the "My Routes" page. The elevation change is reported directly above the elevation graph. For example:

Elevation change: -33 meters (+26 meters, -59 meters)
dannykitch wrote:Can you calculate how many miles I spent climbing and descending?

That would be great.
LOVE YOUR SITE BTW
dannykitch

Post by dannykitch »

Sorry I think you misunderstood. I did a 43mile cycle and the "Elevation change: -102 feet (+2999 feet, -3100 feet)"

I was wondering what the distance in miles was that I spent climbing (and on the flat and down hill)? From the info above I only did 0.56799 miles climbig (2999 feet = 0.56799 miles).

How can I calculate this?

Thanks for your help
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That sounds like a good feature that we could add to the elevation calculation. For example, something like:

Elevation change: -102 feet (+2999 feet for 3.4 miles, -3100 feet for 5.1 miles)

Thank you for the follow up message.
dannykitch wrote:Sorry I think you misunderstood. I did a 43mile cycle and the "Elevation change: -102 feet (+2999 feet, -3100 feet)"

I was wondering what the distance in miles was that I spent climbing (and on the flat and down hill)? From the info above I only did 0.56799 miles climbig (2999 feet = 0.56799 miles).

How can I calculate this?

Thanks for your help
dannykitch

Post by dannykitch »

PERFECT! AWESOME! YOU GUYS ROCK!
THANKS FOR THE SPEEDY REPLY! YOU SHOULD GIVE FORUM LESSONS TO THER SITES! :-)4