Combine Routes to Create a Single Ride (Distance and Time)

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
travelgirl

Combine Routes to Create a Single Ride (Distance and Time)

Post by travelgirl »

rather than creating brand new routes over roads i've already traveled, in different orders or different numbers of loops, i've started to create map pieces, then selecting only those that i use for each ride.

for example, route 1 might be a long straightaway, and route 2 starts at the end of the straightaway, and does a one-mile loop back. route 3 might take me in the other direction for two miles, but it also returns to the end of the straightaway.

day #1, i might ride route 1, then four loops of route 2. day #2, i might ride route 1, two loops of route 2, then 2 loops of route 3... in this way, i am attempting to keep from being bored without having to create a specific (and frequently) new route. as i ride, i note how many times i ride any of the route pieces during that day's ride.

my ask (as an example): i'd like to combine them (select ride 1, then four of ride 2) into a single ride, and post the whole as a single mapped ride with a single time.

is this something i can do already, or am i limited to having to figure out times for different route parts based on an average for the total distance? I have to think that it's easier than drawing new maps each time all I do is more (or fewer) loops, etc.

thx :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Combine Routes to Create a Single Ride (Distance and Tim

Post by admin »

We don't currently have a feature to allow you to combine separate routes. It's a good suggestion. We will look in to adding a feature like this.

Thank you.
travelgirl wrote:rather than creating brand new routes over roads i've already traveled, in different orders or different numbers of loops, i've started to create map pieces, then selecting only those that i use for each ride.

for example, route 1 might be a long straightaway, and route 2 starts at the end of the straightaway, and does a one-mile loop back. route 3 might take me in the other direction for two miles, but it also returns to the end of the straightaway.

day #1, i might ride route 1, then four loops of route 2. day #2, i might ride route 1, two loops of route 2, then 2 loops of route 3... in this way, i am attempting to keep from being bored without having to create a specific (and frequently) new route. as i ride, i note how many times i ride any of the route pieces during that day's ride.

my ask (as an example): i'd like to combine them (select ride 1, then four of ride 2) into a single ride, and post the whole as a single mapped ride with a single time.

is this something i can do already, or am i limited to having to figure out times for different route parts based on an average for the total distance? I have to think that it's easier than drawing new maps each time all I do is more (or fewer) loops, etc.

thx :)
travelgirl

Re: Combine Routes to Create a Single Ride (Distance and Tim

Post by travelgirl »

thank you!