Setting defaults

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
RhB_HJ

Setting defaults

Post by RhB_HJ »

Greetings

I looked but can't find it in the instructions; I'd like to set the defaults to cycling and kilometres. Is that possible and ho is it done?
Thank you!
I also found some glitches concerning the Okanagan Rail Trail i.e. setting the start to where it actually is will divert the route to the closest paved road. Why would that happen???

Cheers

HJ
admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting defaults

Post by admin »

You can change your default map units in the User Control Panel: ucp.php?i=173

There are many possible reasons that Map Pedometer will not route along the trail. We are using OpenStreetMap maps on Map Pedometer. Some trails/paths may not have yet been defined as usable paths. Others could be marked as "one way" or not suitable for certain routing modes. For example, if you select the Cycle or Drive routing methods, some paths may marked that they do not allow driving/cycling. You may want to try a different routing mode to see if an automatic route can be made on the path. You can always use the "Straight line" mapping mode to overcome any route following issues. You can freely switch between routing modes while creating your route.

OpenStreetMap maps allow and encourage users to update and improve the maps. If the trail path information is missing, you can help contribute to OpenStreetMap by adding the missing path information to OpenStreetMap. On the Map Pedometer home page, click on the "Help" link in the upper left of the map to get more details about editing the OpenStreetMap maps.
RhB_HJ wrote:Greetings

I looked but can't find it in the instructions; I'd like to set the defaults to cycling and kilometres. Is that possible and ho is it done?
Thank you!
I also found some glitches concerning the Okanagan Rail Trail i.e. setting the start to where it actually is will divert the route to the closest paved road. Why would that happen???

Cheers

HJ
RhB_HJ

Re: Setting defaults

Post by RhB_HJ »

Thank you very much! That will "fix" my RailTrail problem.

Cheers

HJ