Thanks, and a suggestion

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
GCWalker

Thanks, and a suggestion

Post by GCWalker »

I've been using this site for many years and I've found it to be the best of its type by-far. I really appreciate everything that's gone into the making and maintenance of the site, it's given me thousands of miles of walking enjoyment.

Just one suggestion towards improving what I always rely on...

Would it be possible to add the 'Open Cycle Map' as a layer? I'm not a cyclist but the unlike the Open Street Map the OCM shows contours and that's greatly helpful when planning a walk for views, or for the elderly. If it's free to use I think it would make a valuable addition.

Many thanks again for all that's offered here.

Ian Bull
London UK
admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks, and a suggestion

Post by admin »

Thanks for your message. We will take a look at the Open Cycle Map layer to see if we can add it to Map Pedometer.
GCWalker wrote:I've been using this site for many years and I've found it to be the best of its type by-far. I really appreciate everything that's gone into the making and maintenance of the site, it's given me thousands of miles of walking enjoyment.

Just one suggestion towards improving what I always rely on...

Would it be possible to add the 'Open Cycle Map' as a layer? I'm not a cyclist but the unlike the Open Street Map the OCM shows contours and that's greatly helpful when planning a walk for views, or for the elderly. If it's free to use I think it would make a valuable addition.

Many thanks again for all that's offered here.

Ian Bull
London UK
GCWalker

Post by GCWalker »

Thanks, admin. Most appreciated.

All the best

Ian
GCWalker

Post by GCWalker »

Thanks for adding the Open Cycle Map to the maps available. I've already found it useful in planning a walk for those who might be averse to steep gradients.

All the best

Ian Bull
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We added the map layer to the home page on a trial basis. That's the reason that there wasn't an announcement of the new feature. We need to evaluate the total usage of the map layer. There is a charge for the Open Cycle Maps if the usage exceeds a monthly threshold. Map Pedometer is a free website so we closely evaluate any service fees. Unfortunately, if the usage of the Open Cycle Maps is too high, we may need to modify the layer or remove it altogether.
GCWalker wrote:Thanks for adding the Open Cycle Map to the maps available. I've already found it useful in planning a walk for those who might be averse to steep gradients.

All the best

Ian Bull