Reporting phantom streets and/or paths

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
Dave S

Reporting phantom streets and/or paths

Post by Dave S »

I'd like to be able to mark corrections like we can on Google Maps. There are a couple of "streets" in my area that are non-existent.
How can I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Dave S
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reporting phantom streets and/or paths

Post by admin »

We are using Open Street Map data (and others) on Map Pedometer. Individuals are able (and encouraged) to update the maps whenever any map errors are found. Any user can edit the OpenStreetMap map by visiting https://www.openstreetmap.org/, creating a free account, and then editing the map. There is a detailed walk-through on the site which teaches you how to make map changes. If you see that the map is missing roads, paths, new homes, etc., you can add the missing information to the map. You can also correct existing map errors. Please note that you will not immediately see your changes on our site.

The above information can also be found on the Map Pedometer home page by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper left of the map.
Dave S wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:12 pm
I'd like to be able to mark corrections like we can on Google Maps. There are a couple of "streets" in my area that are non-existent.
How can I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Dave S