Horse path (Bridle path) not recongnized by the mapping function

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
runberr

Horse path (Bridle path) not recongnized by the mapping function

Post by runberr »

Hello,

I tried to map a path a ran recently and could not select the path using the run/walk mode but had to manually map it using straight line. I went to Open Street Map and found that the path was marked as a "Bridle path" which is a trail you can use for horses. However despite being marked for horses it is allowed to use it as a pedestrian or a runner. I suspect that the Map Pedometer software does not recognize the type "Bridle path" for run/walk mapping and I suggest to allow it.
goldstring

Re: Horse path (Bridle path) not recongnized by the mapping function

Post by goldstring »

it seems that it is marked as a specific trail type in OSM but may not be recognized by Map Pedometer's run/walk mode. you can consider contributing to OpenStreetMap yourself by updating the trail type to better reflect its usage as a pedestrian or runner path. This way, it can benefit not only Map Pedometer but also other mapping services that rely on OSM data.
Lisanders

Re: Horse path (Bridle path) not recongnized by the mapping function

Post by Lisanders »

One way you may help improve OpenStreetMap is by changing the trail type so it more accurately represents a path for runners or pedestrians space bar clicker