Distance calculations and markers

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
Dianne

Distance calculations and markers

Post by Dianne »

How high does the distance go to? My friend thought only 99 miles, is that right?
I am using this service as a motivation to get walking, because I have Osteoporosis and this gets me moving. Now I am doing a virtual walk across Canada so need the mileage to go to the thousands.
We can't thank you enough for doing this. :P
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by admin »

Dianne wrote:How high does the distance go to? My friend thought only 99 miles, is that right?
I am using this service as a motivation to get walking, because I have Osteoporosis and this gets me moving. Now I am doing a virtual walk across Canada so need the mileage to go to the thousands.
Distance calculations are not limited and the distance indicators will indicate the total distance of the route. Your friend was likely refering to the mile/kilometer markers. There is currently a limit of 99 mile/kilometer markers since adding hundreds or thousands of markers to a map is typically not very useful. A large number of markers will also slow down the rendering of the map. You may want to break up your map in to smaller segments.
Dianne

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Dianne »

admin wrote:
Dianne wrote:How high does the distance go to? My friend thought only 99 miles, is that right?
Distance calculations are not limited and the distance indicators will indicate the total distance of the route. Your friend was likely refering to the mile/kilometer markers. There is currently a limit of 99 mile/kilometer markers since adding hundreds or thousands of markers to a map is typically not very useful. A large number of markers will also slow down the rendering of the map. You may want to break up your map in to smaller segments.
....OR if there was a way to CHOOSE if we want the markers every mile, 10 miles, or 100 miles.... would that be possible?