Elevation/Altitude Graphs are now available

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
admin
Site Admin

Re: Elevation/Altitude Graphs are now available

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Elevation graphs and elevation statistics are working once again.
romingTiger50 wrote:Well, the evelation graphs no longer work now. Help!!!
blemieux

Post by blemieux »

The route 150068 doesn't have elevation data.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our elevation provider does not have data for every location. Coverage for the United States is very good. Other countries may have incomplete coverage.

Unfortunately, for your route in Norway, elevation data is not available. Elevation data is available for locations approximately 5 kilometers south of your route.
blemieux wrote:The route 150068 doesn't have elevation data.
kevattle

Post by kevattle »

admin wrote:Our elevation provider does not have data for every location. Coverage for the United States is very good.
Elevation data is not important to me but I am wondering, if the data was available, it would simply show up, correct? I'm from the Northeast US, which I would think would cover my area, but apparently not. The graph shows nothing.
This is a great site, by the way. Hats off to you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, when you click on the elevation link on the map, you will see an elevation graph for the current route. If your route is too long or our provider (MapQuest) does not have elevation data for your route, the elevation graph may be empty or missing points. If you are on the My Routes page, you will see the elevation graph for your selected route. The elevation up/down statistics will also be displayed on the My Routes page for you selected route. The up/down statistics give an indication of the total increase and decrease in elevation over the entire route.

Sometimes, there are small areas that are missing elevation data. You can try creating a route a few miles away from your current route to see if MapQuest has data for locations near your route.
kevattle wrote:
admin wrote:Our elevation provider does not have data for every location. Coverage for the United States is very good.
Elevation data is not important to me but I am wondering, if the data was available, it would simply show up, correct? I'm from the Northeast US, which I would think would cover my area, but apparently not. The graph shows nothing.
This is a great site, by the way. Hats off to you!
Basicbare

Post by Basicbare »

I'm also unable to see an elevation profile for my route 178094. I'm just west of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Would appreciate it if you tell me whether elevation data is available for this locale.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, there isn't elevation data available from our elevation data provider for your route.
Basicbare wrote:I'm also unable to see an elevation profile for my route 178094. I'm just west of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Would appreciate it if you tell me whether elevation data is available for this locale.

Thanks!
Basicbare

Post by Basicbare »

admin wrote:Sorry, there isn't elevation data available from our elevation data provider for your route.
Thanks for the very prompt response!

Do you have a timeline for when such data might be available for my locale?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We can't give you a timeline for elevation data for your area. We are considering added another elevation data provider to enhance the elevation coverage on our website.
Basicbare wrote:
admin wrote:Sorry, there isn't elevation data available from our elevation data provider for your route.
Thanks for the very prompt response!

Do you have a timeline for when such data might be available for my locale?
Basicbare

Post by Basicbare »

admin wrote:We can't give you a timeline for elevation data for your area. We are considering added another elevation data provider to enhance the elevation coverage
Thanks!