Unable to route to selected point error message

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
leorago

Unable to route to selected point error message

Post by leorago »

how do i pinpoint my route on map? im double clicking on it and it says "unable to route to selected point"..! i followed the instructions but it is not working..
admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to route to selected point error message

Post by admin »

The "unable to route to selected point" message can occur when you are using the Running/Walking or Cycling/Driving modes. In both of those routing modes, Google Maps attempts to follow a road between your last point and your new point. If Google Maps cannot find a road near your point, the message "unable to route to selected point" will be displayed.

If you are creating a route that does not follow roads, select the "Straight Line" routing mode using the "Straight Line" radio button. A straight line route will be created between the two points. You can freely switch between routing modes while creating your route if portions of your route follow a road and other portions are not on a road.
leorago wrote:how do i pinpoint my route on map? im double clicking on it and it says "unable to route to selected point"..! i followed the instructions but it is not working..