Elevation Gain numbers not graph

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
jackalopesports

Elevation Gain numbers not graph

Post by jackalopesports »

How do I figure out my elevation gain on one of my routes? I can find the graph but would like to know the total gain?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Elevation Gain numbers not graph

Post by admin »

Registered users can see the elevation gain/loss on the My Routes page. Click on the My Routes link at the top of the page. Then click on the row containing your selected route. The elevation gain and loss will be reported directly above the elevation graph once the elevation graph has been completely downloaded. Depending on the route and network traffic, you may need to wait a few seconds for all of the data to be downloaded.

As an example, the elevation gain/loss will be reported like the following:

Elevation change: +23 feet (+69 feet, -46 feet)
jackalopesports wrote:How do I figure out my elevation gain on one of my routes? I can find the graph but would like to know the total gain?
chrissjohnson4

Post by chrissjohnson4 »

It looks like the elevation gain numbers are no longer available on the "My Routes" tab. I can see the elevation graph available on the routes map but not the elevation change. I really liked this feature. This feature was definitely working august 26, 2015 after the last run that I saved to my account.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have temporarily disabled the elevation graphs on the My Routes page due to a change in terms of service from our elevation data provider. We plan on enabling the feature again as soon as possible.
chrissjohnson4 wrote:It looks like the elevation gain numbers are no longer available on the "My Routes" tab. I can see the elevation graph available on the routes map but not the elevation change. I really liked this feature. This feature was definitely working august 26, 2015 after the last run that I saved to my account.
dosdos

Post by dosdos »

Adding approximate elevation gain would sure be handy for biking. Is there a plan to resurrect this feature?
Can the raw elevation data be exported?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The elevation gain and loss numbers are displayed on the "My Routes" page in the elevation graph title. For example: Elevation change: +1007 feet (+2110 feet, -1102 feet).

The elevation change numbers are not displayed on the Map Pedometer home page.

The raw elevation data cannot currently be exported.
dosdos wrote:Adding approximate elevation gain would sure be handy for biking. Is there a plan to resurrect this feature?
Can the raw elevation data be exported?
starsconty

Post by starsconty »

Adding approximate elevation gain would sure be handy for biking. Is there a plan to resurrect this feature?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The feature is still present on the My Routes page. Here is an example graph:

MyRoutes Elevation Graph.png
MyRoutes Elevation Graph.png (12.78 KiB) Viewed 64392 times

Above the graph, the title shows that the elevation change was -108 feet (+223 feet, -331 feet).
starsconty wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:54 am