Embed your Map Pedometer route on your Website

This is the Map Pedometer Forum
admin
Site Admin

Embed your Map Pedometer route on your Website

Post by admin »

We just released a new feature which allows you to easily embed a Map Pedometer map route on your website.

Do you have a website or blog? Are you a member of a running club, walking club, or biking/cycling club? If you have a website or blog, you can now easily embed a Map Pedometer map directly on your own website. Visitors to your website can zoom the map in or out and scroll the map in all directions. Clicking on the embedded route will open a new window to display the route on the Map Pedometer home page.

To embed a map on your website, log in to Map Pedometer at: http://www.mappedometer.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login. Then, visit the Share Map Routes page at: http://www.mappedometer.com/shareroutes.php

On the Share Map Routes page, enter the route number, agree to the terms of service, and click on the "Create embedded route code" button. Copy and paste the HTML code to the body section of your website. The embedded Map Pedometer map will be displayed at the location where you pasted the HTML code.
knowdw

Re: Embed your Map Pedometer route on your Website

Post by knowdw »

I recently discovered your maps tool and I quite like it. However, I need to be able to change the width sometimes and according to your terms I cannot manipulate the Iframe code in anyway. I was just wondering why such strict policies when it comes to the Iframe? Honestly the only thing right now that is preventing me from using your tool anymore is that I can't even change the width/height. That is really all I need to do to make this tool useful to me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The terms of service are in place to prevent misuse and to ensure that websites using the embedded code work properly. Without some restrictions, it would be possible that an embedded map wouldn't display properly on a website.

We just updated the terms of service to allow the following changes:
  • You may modify the height and width attributes within the generated code to customize the size for your website. The minimum allowable height and width is 200px.
  • You may modify the showdistance attribute within the generated code. A value of 1 shows the distance label above the map. A value of 0 removes the distance label.
  • You may modify the showmarkers attribute within the generated code. A value of 1 shows the distance markers. A value of 0 removes the distance markers.
The revised terms of service can be found on the share routes page: http://www.mappedometer.com/shareroutes.php

Thank you for using Map Pedometer and choosing to use our embedded map route feature. Feel free to contact us again if you have any additional recommendations for improvements to our embedded map route feature.
knowdw wrote:I recently discovered your maps tool and I quite like it. However, I need to be able to change the width sometimes and according to your terms I cannot manipulate the Iframe code in anyway. I was just wondering why such strict policies when it comes to the Iframe? Honestly the only thing right now that is preventing me from using your tool anymore is that I can't even change the width/height. That is really all I need to do to make this tool useful to me.
brucelockie

Post by brucelockie »

Is it possible to embed your website - not just a single map into a website?
So users the website will be utilise the functionality of your system / website?

Take care

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, we currently only allow the display/embedding of a single existing route on other websites. You may provide a link to our website home page to allow your visitors to create new routes.

If you would like to discuss other options for embedding portions of our site on your website, please contact us via email using the "Contact Map Pedometer" link at the bottom of any forum web page.
brucelockie wrote:Is it possible to embed your website - not just a single map into a website?
So users the website will be utilise the functionality of your system / website?

Take care

Bruce